Nowadays, Magento plays a vital role in building online business. While many online businesses are migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2, the most popular eCommerce platform developers are rapidly updating the versions of Magento 2. Today, I will present you New Features of Magento 2.2, the latest version of magento.
Magento 2.2 brings significant new functionality to market, including a full suite of native B2B features, performance and deployment enhancements, advanced reporting and more.
1.Focus more on B2B (Business to business).
Magento 2.2 concentration on B2B will bring bigger opportunities to our clients and a bigger chance to develop successful businesses.
- Company account management: B2B merchants will easily support their clients’ accounts with multiple buyers in varying multiple organizational structures. Corporate buyers will manage their accounts without a merchant with easily used self-service tools.
- Quote engine: A negotiation feature is here. Customers can convert a cart to quote instead of sending an order. Then the merchant can answer to it setting up the prices, adding comments.
- Credit purchases for B2B customers: As a payment option companies are able to choose payment on credit. The new improvement is that merchants can adjust different credits for different companies and edit those options constantly.
- Customized catalogs and price lists: Merchants will now be able to control the products, categories and price lists that customers (companies) see on their site. Different price lists will be shown to different companies and specific catalogs will be easily assigned to multiple customers.
- Updated API for simple ERP integrations: Web APIs will be available for all new features, including company accounts, users & company structure, company credit limit & credit transaction, shared catalog creation, quotes and requisition lists. Developed a new bulk Tier Price API that can be used to update large numbers of product prices quickly.
- Performance Toolkit: There were a number of changes made, such as profiles update, faster generation (up to 14 times), support for new B2B entities and even more.
- Improved logging of cron and JS exceptions: Minimized core around plugins. Original call parameters to after plugins were added also as a core around plugins were minimized. That should make it easier to debug plugins on the core because there will be less clicks going through the various flows.
- Improved Deployment flow: There will be a brand new function which will allow export configurations through the different environments. Product environment will be upgraded in less than 1 minute.
- Unserialize() calls removed: To avoid security vulnerability issues, unserialize() calls have been removed from all but critical performance code.
- Upgraded hashing algorithm: To improve security for sensitive values, hashing algorithm was upgraded.
4. Other Outstanding Features
- Extended reports: Magento will provide advanced reporting module, which will give extended reports with valuable data stored in graphs about orders, customers, and other necessary metrics.
- Advanced fraud protection: A new available integration with Signifyd will provide an opportunity to identify and reject roguish orders and to have 100% chargeback protection.
- Improved Indexing: With the index improvements in 2.2 version, customers can now browse and buy in the store shop while indexing. Now some indexers operate in a batches style.
- Technical stack updates: From now on Magento will drop support for PHP 5.6 and add PHP 7.1, will also support MySQL 5.7 and Redis 3.2, will drop Varnish 3 and add Varnish 5 support and now it will have “Grace” and “Saint” by default. In that way, Magento highlights and improves deployment process.
All in all, It seems that Magento 2.2 is becoming a more useful and comfortable tool for transforming the traditional business to online business.
Other posts you may concern: